A SUPER-INSULATION MATERIAL WITH OUTSTANDING PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Silica aerogel is the best thermal insulation material known to mankind. Its properties derive from its aerial structure, composed of more than 95% of air trapped in pores of nanometric size.
In terms of sustainability, our aerogel is manufactured from the most abundant resource on the planet: silica, making 25% of the Earth crust.
High Thermal Insulation
- The nanoporous structure of silica aerogels makes it the best thermal insulation material available
- Intrinsic thermal conductivity of 0.012 W/(m.K)
- Mineral and non-flammable
- Its minimum ignition temperature is 470°C
- No particles, flaming droplets nor toxic smoke during combustion
- Strong acoustic dampening in particular for low frequences (around 400 Hz)
- Absorption coefficients of 0.7 to 0.9 at low and high frequencies
- Very low density material (only 3 to 15 time heavier than air), less than 0.1 g.cm-3
- Composed of 95% of air
- Our aerogel is mainly composed of amorphous silica, allowing a long-term stability.
- It is dimensionally stable; no shrinkage, no swelling, no settling, not even after many years.
Not a Health Hazard
- Our aerogel is inert, non-toxic, solvent-free, as well as odor-neutral.
- It is safe to handle and the amorphous silica structure prevents the risk of silicosis.
- Kwark® has been assessed several times as a material that poses no risk to health and do not release VOC.
Waterproof and breathable
- Waterproof but permeable to water vapor
- No corrosion and condensation issues
- Prevents fungus or mold growth